April 9th re-dedication of the Gary Whale Garden as the grand finale of the Celebrate Urban Nature event: the big moment when the new eye was unveiled! For more info and photos, go to www.jrnatureexplorers.blogspot.com
NEW this year: "Summer Sunset Gardening" with Seattle Works volunteers! Families welcome to enjoy garden exploration, nature art and other activities, or to help with simple summer tasks.
- Wednesday May 18th from 6-8pm
- Wednesday June 1st from 6-8pm
- Wednesday July 6th from 6-8pm
- Wednesday August 3rd from 6-8pm
"Summer Fridays in the Garden" during Free Family Concerts
- Friday July 8th from 6-8pm, featuring Board of Education!
- Friday Aug. 12th from 6-8pm, featuring Caspar Babypants!
4th annual "Blues for Food Fest", a day-long benefit concert for the P-Patch Trust, who support local food banks, shelters, and hot meals programs. Free gardening fun for the whole family during the afternoon hours of the concert.
- Saturday September 3rd from 12noon-4pm.
- Friday September 23rd from 9am-12noon
2nd annual "Fall Harvest Celebration and Jamboree", co-hosted by the Magnuson Community Center. Family-friendly concert, orchard maze, pumpkin walk, cider press, and more!
- Saturday October 1st from 10:30am-2:00pm
Volunteers are needed at each of these events, and you can choose from a variety of ways to help: help guide the volunteers from Seattle Works and other groups, help children explore the garden and worm bin or make nature art projects during events, help set up refreshments, or other support activities. Please RSVP to magnusonchildrensgarden@gmail.